Sunday, February 22, 2009

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, I got 13 of 15 right in my Oscar predictions, but one of my missed ones (alongside Best Foreign Film) was the only race I really gave a shit about, Mickey Rourke for Best Actor in "The Wrestler". Rourke really touched me in that role, in a way no actor has since Jack Nicholson in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". As a fellow fuck-up who reached a great level of personal success then blew it all away and burned countless bridges in the process, 'Randy the Ram' is a character and Mickey Rourke is an actor that are so very close to my own heart. Right down to the self-destructiveness and loneliness, I can relate so much to Mickey's journey and am so thrilled to see him back on top, cuz winner or loser tonight, Rourke has made the kind of comeback in life I hope to make as well.
R.I.P. Loki, love ya Mick! Cheers to a great year!

1 comment:

  1. it was definitely the biggest and saddest loss of the night.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter